Community Supported Agriculture, or "CSA", enables you to purchase a share of our farm's harvest in the form of a weekly portion of fresh produce over the whole growing season.
This forges a mutually beneficial relationship, that provides early season stability for small farmers, and connects our community with the source of its food, at a favorable rate to local retail prices.
At Five Hands, our CSA members enjoy a half bushel of fresh, flavorful, locally grown produce. We grow an extensive variety, including many items you won't find in the supermarket (or even most farmer's markets).
Our members are always our top priority, and our CSA program represents the very best of what we offer. We consider it a privilege to be YOUR farmers.
- Our CSA season runs June through October (18 weeks).
- To reserve your membership, we require a non-refundable deposit of $200 for weekly shares, or $100 for biweekly. The membership fee must be paid in full before your first pick up. Membership is subject to cancellation if full payment is not received by June 1st, 2018 (at the discretion of FHF).
- **If early bird payment is received in full before March 15th, 2018**
Weekly shares are $550 for the 2018 season ($30/week). Biweekly shares are $275.
- **If payment is received after March 15th, 2018**
Weekly shares are $650 for the 2018 season ($36/week). Bi-weekly shares are $325.
- 1/2bu a week is a significant amount of produce. We encourage smaller families to split with friends or to consider a bi-weekly membership.
- We offer a discount for membership referrals, at 10% of the price of the referred membership (limit 20%).
- We strive to tailor our shares to reflect the tastes of our members. You can expect to find less of the obscure and more everyday staples in your box.
- In broad strokes, here are some examples of what we grow for CSA:
asparagus, green beans, beets, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, celery (and celeriac), chicory (radicchio), asian greens (chinese cabbage, pac choi/bok choi, tatsoi), collards, sweet corn, cucumbers, eggplant, fennel, garlic, mixed salad greens, husk cherries, kale, kohlrabi, leeks, lettuce, melons, micro greens, onions, parsnips, snap peas, peppers (sweets, hots, and super hots), potatoes, pumpkins, radishes, rhubarb, rutabagas, spinach, summer squash/zucchini, winter squash (acorn, buttercup, butternut, delicata, hubbard, spaghetti), strawberries, sweet potatoes, swiss chard, tomatillos, tomatoes (20+ varieties), turnips, and watermelon.
Where can I pick up my share?
- On the farm (Saturday afternoon)
22090 Chestnut St.
Lowell, IN 46356
- Crown Point, IN (Saturday 8am-1pm)
- Bourbonnais, IL (Sunday 8:30am-12:30pm)
200 University Ave, Bourbonnais, IL 60914
***Contact us if you are interested in hosting a new pick up location in your area.
For all inquiries, or to start your membership, contact us here.